I’ll be honest, Dermalogica isn’t a brand I had immediately thought of when it came to skincare.
I’m pretty set in my ways when it comes to my evening routine, but I was open to changing it up, and trying a few new products.
Firstly, totally irrelevant in the bigger picture, but I was v v happy with how aesthetically pleasing the packaging is on my bathroom shelves.
It feels and looks luxury, I love the simple design.
Because it was all new to me, I gave it a month long test, so I could really tell you what I think.
Let me keep it simple with 5 quick thoughts on each product I trialled.
- Smells amazing, instantly made me feel like I was in a spa.
- Perfect for the first cleanse, if you’re a fan of double cleansing like me
- Feels luxurious, a really enjoyable experience
- Works better if you remove your eye make up separately, it didn’t seem to melt away my liquid eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara
- I prefer to remove it with a cloth, it got a little messy just rinsing with water
Would I buy it? Yes. I didn’t wake up with a brand new face as a result of this product, but I enjoyed using it, it did the job, and my skin did feel lovely and soft.
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
- Works perfectly with the oil cleanser, balances it out nicely
- Feels luxurious, I actually made Ross feel it on my skin, lol
- Unscented, which makes it actually smell a bit weird, but unscented is good
- Could potentially be a little drying, but worked when paired with the oil cleanser and a good moisturiser
- Again, I preferred to remove it with a cloth
Would I buy it? Yes, again…nothing life changing happened here, but I am a huge fan of a double cleanse, and these two products together made me look forward to the whole cleansing routine.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
- A unique concept
- Feels like a deep exfoliate, removed any flaky skin I had!
- My skin felt silky smooth once I’d followed this up with a good moisturise
- A bit of a faff to use…making sure your hands are really wet, and tipping out the right amount of product
- You guessed it, I preferred to remove it with a cloth
Would I buy it? No…whilst it was fun to try, and the results were OK, it felt like a bit of a novelty, and I got bored of having to mix it on my face each day.
Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream
I can’t say I have five things to give you here…it was a nice moisturiser. It did the job.
I preferred it as a morning moisturiser than as part of my evening routine, where I feel like I need something a bit heavier.
Now, this could have been horrendous timing, but I started to get a lot of flaky skin around my cheeks and chin area whilst using these products.
I’m not sure if it was any of the cleansing products, but it did seem to improve when I switched my night time moisturiser for a heavier one.
Would I buy it? Yes, as a lighter daytime moisturiser, favoring something a little bit more nourishing at night!
Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer
Ill admit it, I am rubbish at noticing whether a primer is really doing much for my skin.
I honestly tested this every day, and really paid attention to my skin to try and give you a glowing review.
But the truth? I didn’t notice much.
I loved using this product, it felt like a really nice base to layer foundation on top of, giving a nice smooth base, but I can’t say it made my make up last any longer than without.
Would I buy it? Yes, because whilst I didn’t see any remarkable long lasting effects, it did give a really nice base for foundation, and I feel a bit naked if I don’t include this step in my make up routine!
A HUGE thank you to Dermalogica for stocking me up on new products, and encouraging me to try something different!
Fancy reading more reviews? Click here…